A Step By Step Approach
One undoubtedly wondering what one would expect from a written training method. To give him an idea, a few simple commands are given that he can use to train his dog or puppy.
It is best to start with this kind of training (for puppies) is from 5 weeks. If the dog is older, but if you are working first with him you are recommended at least a few weeks to get used to each other before you start working together
If you have an older untrained dog, you will find these exercises and commands are more and more irritating than using a puppy, because older dogs past the stage in their life where they can learn best.
I n this period of training, the emphasis is on play and fun, although you must be consistent in the commands that you give your puppy. Start with the simplest commands first but not too fast. It is also good for your puppy’s memory;occasionally be refreshed by repeating old practices.
Please note, the exercises discussed are about puppies, however, this of course, applies to both puppies and older dogs
Example 1: “Here” (When you call)
This is an exercise that you will do from the first moment you see your puppy. It is important to the puppy to make links between the word “Here” and your puppy that direction. Make sure he commands his name and clearly understood. Additionally, you must also pay attention to him and be happy when he has come to you.
Example 2: “Sit” – Step 1
The Sit command is very useful in the early training of your puppy. A good way to make the link between the word “Sit” and your puppy sits by itself is to sit everywith him. Additionally, you can also use the following simple method. You take a cookie or candy in your hand and ensures that your puppy can see it in his face. Then move the treat over his head, so if he follows, he sits. The moment he sits down you can get back the “Sit” command. You can reward your puppy when he is good to sit. If summarized:
1. Keep cookie between fingers
2. Remove cookie over the head
3. Say “Sit” and give rewards when he sits down
4. Well done!
Example 3: “Sit” – Step 2
You can command “sit” stricter by using the following method.
1) Put a collar and leash for your puppy
2) Stand right next to your puppy and make sure you both look up the same side, so your puppy is on your left.
3) At the same time you give the command, “Booster …. Sit “, push the back of your puppy down while the belt upright and taut. If this is difficult, it’s time to hold his collar, so the concentration to keep your puppy there. This also ensures that he can not drain.
4) It is best if your puppy stays about ten seconds. Repeat the “Sit” command sequence so that the command gets more strength. It is important that your puppy will look at all the time.
5) Let him go by saying “free and give him a big compliment.
6) Repeat this exercise ten times per session. Ensure that training sessions are too long (about five minutes) and place three or four times a day.