Dog Trainer 101: Learning the Principles of Training Dogs
When starting off training sessions with your buddy, make sure that you are fully equipped with the knowledge you need to understand your dog’s behavior. By knowing their behavior through principles, it would be easier for you to train your dog, as methods and techniques are grounded on these. Whatever method you use, it all falls on the same principles. Ready to start your training? Let’s get started then.
- Most behavioral problems are due to separation anxiety
- Behavioral problems are a result of lack of communication, or miscommunication between you and your dog
- Obedience training at an early stage the most effective technique to correct any behavior problems, and prevent future problems
- Let him know what is acceptable and unacceptable for your dogs, and be consistent with it
- Be clear that you are always the alpha dog or leader in your owner-dog relationship
- Know the cause of such behavior. There are factors that may trigger the behavior, before you modify the act, know why he is doing this, and deal with it first.
- Be careful you are not inadvertently rewarding the behavior you are trying to eliminate. Be clear on how you want your dog to act.
As long as you are guided with these principles, you will keep yourself on the right track… and your dog, too!