Getting annoyed of being jumped at and getting pawmarks on your clothes? Break the jumping mania before somebody gets knocked off.
- They’re simply excited — it just shows that they’re happy to see you
- Your dogs are seeking attention
- To assert dominance over you and your guests — rare but it happens
Dogs couldn’t get the idea that jumping is not acceptable, or inappropriate at some point. It becomes a challenge to the owner to relay the message that it is
Correct the behavior before it’s too late. How? Try some of these tips:
- Start as early as possible — better prevent behavior problems as early as possible
- Communicate with your dog clearly, implying that the behavior is unaccepted, and always remember to be consistent
- Never reward the dog that jumps on people by giving them the attention they want. This sticks to them the idea that rewarded behavior is reinforced behavior
Always be consistent with your actions, and you’ll see results soon.